Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year-New Beginning

I managed to survive vacation and the holidays this year but it was a struggle and by the time 2012 began I had gained several pounds. I did fairly well on vacation but that was immediately followed by Christmas and all the cooking that goes along with it.  I gained a couple of pounds on vacation and a couple over Christmas followed by a couple over New Years.  I felt so out of control and I was in a panic, my worst fear seemed to be happening.  I was just sure I would gain all the weight back that I had lost.
I decided it was time to Go Back To Basics.  I took my WLS book out and went through it again. I went back and read the different levels and remembered that I had eaten accordingly and was satisfied.  I decided to start again and see what happened. I decided that I would start at Stage 4 (the final stage) and follow it.
I am on my second week and it is working. The weight is coming back off and I am feeling pretty good about myself.  I realize that I don't always make the best choices  with my food but this a journey and I am learning as I go.  I will not beat myself up anymore when I stumble in this journey.  I will not make excuses for myself and will take ownership of my choices.
Yes it is a new year and a new beginning, a time to start fresh, a time to make good choices, a time to choose  healthy living, a time to take care of myself, a time to be honest with myself and to move forward knowing I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment