Monday, January 9, 2012

Vacation

We just got back from vacation in Hawaii and my what a vacation it was.  So many things were so different from when we went five years ago.  I was so different from five years ago.  I was able to do things that I never would have been able to do the last time we were there.
To start I walked non stop this time.  I not only walked but I walked at a fast pace and never once had to stop and rest or catch my breath.  This time I was about 85 pounds lighter than I was in 2006 so there were so many doors opened for me to do fun things.
First thing that was different was I actually fit in the airplane seat and had room to spare.  It felt so good not to be hitting the arm rest and having room to move.
I rode a bicycle down a volcano from about 10,000 feet and never once got tired even on he uphill part.  I actually only had to worry about being tall enough and not the maximum weight limit.  I went snorkeling, and I was able to sky dive for the first time.
None of these things would have been possible before WLS because I would have been over the weight limit.
We went on a cruise this time and when we boarded the ship they told us that the average person gained 7-10 pounds.  My first thought was this person is not going to gain 7-10 pounds.  I was determined to eat healthy while on this ship!  Guess what I was in for a shock.  All this food it was wonderful, it tasted excellent but the problem was even though the food tasted great most of it was not healthy.  It was loaded with sauces, sugar, fats.  This was going to be more difficult than I had thought.  Well I managed to get off that ship after a week and only gained 2 pounds. Now  normally a two pound weight gain would throw me into a panic but under the circumstances I was pleased that I did as well as I did.  I did make the best selections I could and I was OK with myself.
I was however so glad to get back home and have the opportunity to be able to eat healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment