Saturday, July 23, 2011

Accountability

I have been thinking a lot about accountability lately.  I am in a couple of accountability relationships at church and they are such a blessing to be a part of.  I do lack an accountability partner with my Weight Loss though.  It seems I have been too successful (in some peoples minds) and everyone thinks I have it made.  Truth is I still struggle with the same things I did before.  I still want to eat when I am upset, tired, angry, depressed, oh the list goes on and on.  Food still tries to be my comforting friend.  
I go to support group meetings every month and I have even spoken at the informational meetings my doctor has but the truth is there is no one to hold me accountable, no one who will say you are getting off track, no one who will tell me to Man Up and do what has to be done.  My family says what does a pound or two matter you still look great, but in reality I know that a pound or two does make a difference and I have to master this weight problem that for so long mastered me.  If I let a weight gain take hold and become a part of me again then I have started that slippery slide every weight loss patient knows all too well.  Sometimes I just want someone who will be honest with me and tell me if I am blowing it.  I know I have done great but I also know that at any time I could relapse and make all the wrong choices again.  
I guess for the present I will have to be my own accountability partner and tell myself to Man Up and do what has to be done.  I will tell myself that I blew it and I will get back on track.  I will not let food become my comforting friend again.  I am worth fighting for and I will win this War that rages.  I will be victorious in  the end.  This war is not over just because I have reached a normal BMI.  The battle may have been won but the war continues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment