Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Emotional Eating

Yesterday was a fairly nice day and I felt like a success.  I feel like I was on track yesterday.  I consumed more calories at breakfast than normal but overall it was a low calorie day.  This day was needed after having the grand babies visit this weekend. I love them but staying with the program is so hard when they are here.  It seems the 2 year old is always hungry and grazing all day.  Of course grandma must graze with him.
I must say that I don't know how moms with young kids do this day after day.  I am convinced I would not do as well if I had to be in the house and dealing with food all day long.
What strength do stay at home moms have that I have not found yet?  Where do I fall short?  Am I really addicted to food just like a drug addict is addicted to their drugs?  
What is obvious is if I am addicted to food I don't want to admit it.  I will admit I have a problem with emotional eating.  If I am happy I want to eat to celebrate.  If I am angry  I calm down if I eat. If I am sad I always feel better when I eat my comfort foods.  Do these traits mean I am addicted to food?  I am not sure but I know I now recognize that I am an emotional eater and I am learning what my triggers are.  If I know what my triggers are then I can deal with them in a different way and not eat when I am not hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment