Sunday, July 24, 2011

Self Confidence

Self Confidence, what is it and do I really need it?  Well if I look it up in the dictionary this is what it tells me:   realistic confidence in one's own judgment, ability, power,etc  
So if self confidence is a realistic confidence in one's own judgement, ability, power then it would be nice to be self confident.  Am I self confident though?  At times I am, especially in the ability to do my job, to clean house, to be a fabulous grandmother, mother, wife etc.  Yes in those areas I am self confident.  Now when it comes to my eating habits self confidence goes  out the window.  I am eating healthy and I do pretty good sticking to the program most of the  time.  But I am far from confident about my eating habits, I know that it is much easier to revert back to the old habits than to stick with the new ones.  I know that it only takes me a bite or two of the foods that are trigger foods for me to fall right back into the old ways.  I know my weaknesses and I know what triggers them yet I so easily fall back into them.  There  is a sense of comfort when I go back there, at least for the moment, before guilt sets in. 
How do I gain self confidence in my eating habits?  Is it something I can create?  Is it something I won't be able to ever have?  I think eventually I will become self confident in my eating habits.  I think as time goes by and I continue to eat healthy that it will happen. I think that as I have more success at keeping my weight off  that I will eventually accept that  I have learned a new way of eating.  I think that daily I am building self confidence.  I just wish that I had it now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment