Sunday, July 17, 2011

A New Day

Yesterday was a horrible day:(  The grand kids were here and that is always great but I don't think I ate anything healthy the entire day.  I found myself grazing the entire day and I got in less than 32 ounces of fluid the entire day.  There was no tracking my food (I was too busy playing) and  found myself eating some very unhealthy chocolate coffee cake that I did not even like.  I could not believe it so when the grand kids left I threw it out.  Temptation Gone!! Now what was really going on?  What will I do about it next time?
I am not sure what was going on yesterday but I was my own worst enemy that is for sure.  I was cooking yesterday for the entire week and had all kinds of healthy and nutritious food available that I could have eaten the entire day even if I was grazing.  I think I just made a choice to eat unhealthy yesterday.  It may have even felt good at first but it quickly turned to guilt and then the old habits kicked in and I was out of control.  
What will I do next time to make sure this won't happen.  I would like to say that I have come up with a plan to not fall into the trap again.  Unfortunately my plan is just don't take the first bite.  Now how do I go about not taking the first bite?  Well DUH I don't even have to cook that chocolate coffee cake.  My excuse to see if it is any good to take to carry in dinners is gone.  It is not good and 3 other people confirmed it tasted less than good.  So I will not make this again and to be sure I am deleting the recipe from my folder.  Temptation gone (at least on this one).  Now the bigger question.  How do I plan on avoiding some other temptation?  Lots of Prayer.
I am looking forward to today and eating Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment