Friday, July 15, 2011

Christmas

With Thanksgiving out of the way I was looking forward to Christmas and having most of the family home for the holiday.  Our family tradition has been to have pizza on Christmas Eve and watch It's A Wonderful Life.  We did that this year and I had a salad that I really enjoyed and the rest of the family had salad and pizza.  For Christmas we have always had an Italian buffet meal and this year we did the same.  
I had planned ahead this year and made almost everything in advance.  While cooking I made  what I liked most in a Bariatric version.  I made lasagna for the family and made my own with ingredients I could have minus the noodles.  I also made Cavatini but decided not to make any for myself because I really wanted to have the lasagna and Stromboli.  The Stromboli was made in a Bariatric version and I had it without the bread it is normally baked in.   
I enjoyed all of my favorite Italian dishes this past Christmas as well as the time with my family.  I am learning that I can still do all of the same things I have done for my family and stay on track.  The Holidays are not about food and I know that but the traditions have been in place a long time and I did not want to change that, but I really wanted to find a way to make this work for me and the family and believe I have done just that.  I am now looking forward to November and December this year as I have gained so much from so many people that I am confident now I can do this and no longer fear what may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment